Saturday 30 June 2007

Rollercoasters and Unicycles

It’s been some time since I updated my blog for a variety of reasons, mostly because my life took off in some funny directions and it’s taken until now for things to regain some sort of equilibrium…although I know some of you will find that hard to believe – my life being the usual rollercoaster ride that it is…

Okay, a swift run down…joined a new climbing wall – very, very successful, lots of extremely nice people there so I’ve been climbing around four times a week for the last few weeks – yes, my arms are beginning to take on a slightly sculpted look, it’s good! I was there the other day and climbing with an Italian chap called Pierre which was fun particularly as he had persuaded his work colleagues to come along to try out some climbing – they clearly were not convinced but made all the polite noises. After we had finished climbing I went out to my car to find another climber trying out his unicycle in the carpark….so I also had a go….

In other news things have been very up and down….the next stage in anyone’s life after a major relationship break up is for both partners to move on to pastures new, so to speak….That leaves everyone with mixed feelings I guess…And maybe it’s something I’ll discuss more at length some other time….Life moves on….
Freedom is a hugely undervalued commodity in my opinion. It’s not something I wish to give up freely every again but the most important thing for me is that I now realise that fact – it’s taken me a very long time to understand just how vital and precious true freedom is to me and of course now I will only surround myself with like-minded people….fortunately most of them are also climbers….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a climber :-)