Wednesday 25 March 2009

Notting Hill? Nah...more like William Hill

I had a Notting Hill moment just now – I’ve come into work to catch up on paperwork and concentrate my mind. So I’d just got off the bus, stopped in Starbucks to pick up my usual (grande skinny wet almond latte as you asked), turned on my iPod (a gift of course – I wouldn’t spend that sort of money on a label myself...but I’d ask for one for Christmas...), walked out listening to Hard-Fi – ‘Living for the weekend’ and on into the market square. The sun was shining and as I glanced over at one of the stalls the guy manning it caught my eye and he smiled at me – a big full on Hollywood smile as I’m sipping my fancy American coffee and listening to British indie music...I was Julia Roberts for ten seconds. The music became the soundtrack to my filmic life. A half smile played on my lips for the remainder of my stroll to work – even as I passed an al fresco art class where (just like the best cinema traditions) the teacher was a chap I’d been an undergrad fine art student with and his class were sketching statues that not only I’d seen erected but I even know the artist personally.
I am a camera.







And I drink waaaay too much coffee.

No comments: