Tuesday 9 January 2007

Hooray for me!

I'm not long back from my very first climbing lesson....

I am a keen hiker - we live on top of a hill in the middle of nowhere...unless you go by car you have to hike - not walk , to get anywhere...The local pub is quickest reached by going over the top of one of the highest points in the county...

I was in Aviemore in November and hiked up Cairn Gorm and around Loch Morlich but sadly when I wanted to do one of the other routes around there the weather turned for the worse so I decided to give the local climbing wall a go...Had a really fabulous taster session and got bitten by the bug...

So now back home and having checked out all the possible local climbing walls I have discovered a very good one about 45minutes drive away (unfortunately there isn't a decent one anywhere nearer). Father Christmas brought me a course of lessons and I started them today! So I have a big smile on my face now because of the adrenaline buzz of it all!

And I also topped it off with the purchase of footwear - even Chickenladies on farms love to buy shoes....and I bought these beauties....

No comments: