Wednesday 7 February 2007

Going out

I wrote the other day about the impending Speed Dating event I’ve been roped into by my friend Jo, but before that happens she and I are hitting the town as we could both do with a night on the pull…as it were…

So this coming Friday night will see us both dressed up and in the bars….Is the town ready for this I ask myself?

Neither of us will be driving, so this is going to be the first opportunity in a long, long time for Jo to get drunk….The last time she did that was when we were in Moscow together – she attempted to keep up with me drinking vodka with cherry juice. Now I’m a complete lightweight when it comes to wine – three glasses and I’m pretty much anyone’s, but spirits? That’s a different matter entirely – they don’t seem to have much of an effect upon me. So we’d had only a few, maybe five or six, but the following morning, no, the following day, Jo spent in bed while I went out – no hangover for me!
Consequently, Jo is raring to go this Friday…..
She admits that it’s been many, many years since she went out as a single woman and she’s a little concerned about how she’ll deal with any unwanted advances…or maybe she’s worried she won’t get any advances, unwanted or not! I suppose that’s always a fear nagging away at the back of everyone’s mind – will others find me attractive….Everyone worries about it and we all make an effort to make ourselves appealing to others – note I didn’t say the opposite sex? Women it is often said make more of an effort for other women. Not because we fancy women (although, of course some do) but because of competition….Put a man and a woman on a desert island and pretty soon the woman will have hairy legs and armpits, won’t bother to comb her hair, certainly won’t be bothering with makeup or for that matter, sexy clothes. Now add another (attractive) woman …. I would guarantee that within days both women would be looking fabulous….Or is it only me that is that competitive? I have to admit to a hugely competitive nature, matched probably only by my vanity….

So expect some interesting posts over the weekend….Or maybe even before – I’m off to an art film screening tomorrow night….

2 comments:

Dan said...

Interesting posts? I want to see the "on the pull" you!

(I note that in the 3 weeks I was offline, you've gone from a pic of you from behind, to one where we can see your face. Whatever next lol)

Chickenlady said...

What do you mean, you want to see the on the pull me? I will certainly write about it, and maybe, just maybe I'll post some pics....