Thursday 8 February 2007

Snow

It’s just before 8 am and my plans to go to a Hungarian art film screening tonight (oooh, doesn’t that sound nicely pretentious!) are scuppered….Thick snow outside and it’s still snowing now. Not going to the film screening I can live with – chances are it would have been dull and full of women in sandals with wild hair (I know I have the wild hair, but I only wear sandals during the summer, not when there is snow on the ground) or tall thin men with haircuts that are only matched in their pretension by their glasses – I’m sure you know the type, if not take a trip down to Hoxton….

What worries me more is that the snow might linger and Jo and I will have to call off our planned night on the town tomorrow! Missing an intellectual night I can deal with but missing a night of chatting up strange men! And I’ve got a haircut planned tomorrow…right, checking the BBC weather website now in the hope that the snow will go away later….

No comments: