Thursday 8 February 2007

Odd dreams

I had a very odd dream last night. I often have odd dreams and I also get the occasional night terror too – no doubt I’ll write about them sometime in the future.

Anyway, last night I dreamt I was called into the local hospital because I was a surgeon.
(Please note, I have no medical training at all)

In the corridor I was asked to remove the boots I was wearing and put on a pair of fluffy pink slippers.
(I don’t own a pair of fluffy pink slippers)

The soles of both slippers were dripping in a white creamy, milky substance.
(Oh, go on…Freud would have a field day!)

I asked why the slippers were like this and was told that it was to prevent MRSA.
(You never know…)

I put on the slippers and then was told to put on theatre scrubs, which I did, except the trousers were pyjama bottoms – in red.
(I don’t own or wear pyjamas)

Then to top off my delightful outfit I was given a pink fluffy dressing gown to wear.
(Now sadly this I do own – it was a Christmas present from my parents, and it’s very warm)

Now that I was suitably attired for the theatre I was taken there along with the rest of the operating team, except they took me out of the hospital and into a music hall type theatre.
(Yes, even in a dream I’m thinking about other meanings of words)

While standing at the back of the theatre I saw my young son having tea on stage with someone. And then I was called back to do an operation, at which point I woke up.

Very odd.

No comments: