Friday 13 April 2007

Roller Skating and More Knickers

A couple of posts all rolled into one….
Busy week for me – kids off school for the Easter break so they needed entertaining and exercising – nine year old boys are rather like Labradors – they must be regularly exercised or they get bad tempered and wreck the house…. So I took them to the local Roller Rink down at the lovely Herne Bay – also known locally as Rupture Cove: partly because the average age of the residents is somewhere around 90 and also because it is Hern(ia) Bay…yes, very poor joke…
Anyway, discovered that I am far, far better than the kids at roller skating – I didn’t fall once and managed after ten minutes or so to leave the safety of the sides of the rink and skate unaided. When I was in my early teens I used to go each Saturday morning to the very same rink and even took part in Speed Skating …and just like riding a bike, you don’t forget how to roller skate….
Later that day I went off on my own (thank goodness the little devils were worn out!) down to the climbing wall…Fine you may think…..And that’s what I thought too…until I got home and caught sight of my rear view in a mirror under bright lights………
I went shopping the other week to buy some nice knickers purposely for climbing in – ones without lacy bits that wouldn’t ‘ride up’ – it’s not terribly pleasant to have to keep tugging at your knickers every time you get down from the wall and your black climbing leggings end up with chalky hand prints all over the backside….Anyway, popped into La Senza as they had a knicker sale on, bought a load of very nice cotton ones that sported slogans….didn’t think any more about it…until I got back from climbing and noticed that my knickers (hot pink) were slightly evident under my leggings…well, actually it was the printed slogan that was evident….
On the front of said knickers was a picture of a donkey….and yes, I bet you’ve guessed by now….on the back, emblazoned across the cheeks of my butt are the words "NICE ASS"

No wonder the guys at the wall were all offering to spot me when I climbed….and offering loads of advice and encouragement to get back up on the wall….

No comments: